Mark your calendars: Our Charge Conference will be Sunday evening, November 15th starting at 6:30pm. Members of the church are invited to attend this important meeting.
The church charge conference is the annual business meeting that votes in officers for the church, edits the Guiding Principles of the church, sets some salaries, etc. One must be a ‘full member’ in our membership records to have voice and vote. Due to the building being closed temporarily due to the spike in COVID cases, if you wish to participate in the meeting you need to do so via the “Zoom” online platform one of the following ways:
Online via a computer, smartphone, or tablet that is connected to the Internet:
- Click on this link at 6:15pm to be ready for the meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86562102879?pwd=dWxlWjNCWXhjajVlT3VzYUFYckZFUT09
- Follow any on-screen instructions that might say you need to download some software or the Zoom app – keep clicking “yes” and eventually a new window will open with the meeting.
- You will already be ‘muted’ – so we will not hear you speak until you ‘unmute’ yourself. (We will explain that in the meeting)
Using just your telephone, with no internet:
- Call one of the following numbers at 6:15pm on Sunday to be ready for the meeting: 301-715-8592 or 312-626-6799
- Use this information when asked:
- Meeting ID: 865 6210 2879 (you’ll type the number and then press #)
- Participant ID / Passcode: 874506 (you’ll type the number and then press #)
- To ‘raise your hand’ to be called on in the meeting, press * 9 (hold the *Star button down for a couple seconds, then the 9 button for a couple seconds)
- To speak in the meeting, you’ll need to ‘unmute’ yourself by pressing * 6 (hold the *Star button down for a couple seconds, then the 6 button for a couple seconds)